Leadership and ethics have never been so important in contemporary business environments given high profile cases of ethically-compromised corporate failures. This course introduces students to the concepts of ethics and ethical behaviour within the context of leadership for the 21st century. The course will examine contemporary dynamic and complex business environments and explores the need for leaders to manage effectively ethically challenging situations, whilst seeking to balance the (often conflicting) expectations of multiple stakeholders. It examines both the foundations of ethical approaches within the context of leadership and the dominant normative leadership theories as well as emerging values-driven leadership theories. It evaluates such theories and examines closely contemporary issues in leadership and the special role the leader in nurturing ethically-orientated organisations. In addition, students are also introduced to the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) – ‘17 Goals to Transform Our World’. In the workshops we discuss the role of leadership in addressing these SDGs.
1. Identify and differentiate the concepts of morals, ethics, values and beliefs
2. Reflect upon the role of the leader and follower relationship and what attributes facilitate ethical practice
3. Analyse and differentiate between the dominant and emergent leadership theories and assess their suitability in facilitating ethical leadership practice
4. Identify the contemporary issues and challenges in leading ethically and put forward strategies and approaches for their solution
5. Demonstrate the skills and aptitudes of ethically-informed leaders in applying knowledge of ethical reasoning and leadership theory to case studies and other real-world settings
6. Propose an ethical reasoning framework against which the ethical nature of leadership approaches and practice can be evaluated
Click HERE if you need help with assignments, essays, reports etc.
Click HERE to obtain full access to CHEAP online courses.
Click HERE to get access to popular lifetime subscriptions.
Click HERE to get university module notes and packages.
Click HERE to get A Level material, papers, notes & guides.
Click HERE to get O/N Level PYP, notes & guides.
Click HERE to get PSLE & Pri 1-6 prelim exams, papers & answers.